To Working Media Planning to Cover the Miami Open
We thank you for your interest in covering the Miami Open, March 19 - April 1, 2018 at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Key Biscayne. The media staff at the Miami Open will do everything to ensure you the best possible work environment. We look forward to working with you to make your experience a positive one. If you have special needs, requests or require any further assistance in your advance planning for the Miami Open, please contact Sam Henderson at (305) 446-2200.
General information for applying (Please read carefully):
- Only working members of the media will be approved for media credentials.
- The deadline for completing this application is Friday, February 15, 2018, 5 p.m. ET.
- Only one application should be completed by each media outlet.
- An assigning editor or producer should complete the application.
- If you are the individual planning to cover the tournament and you are completing the application, the application must be accompanied by a letter of assignment from the publication that falls within the tournament's eligibility guidelines in order to be considered.
- If you are a member of the ITWA, your application will be approved upon receipt. Please remember to complete the phone and hotel information if it applies.
- We cannot guarantee working space for anyone who does not submit a credential application by the deadline.
- All correspondence should be either emailed to email@example.com or sent via post to: Miami Open Tennis, 1500 Douglas Road, Suite 230, Coral Gables, FL 33134, ATTN: Media Credentials.
- All letters of assignment must be mailed on original company letterhead. FAXES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR CREDENTIAL APPLICATIONS OR LETTERS OF ASSIGNMENT.
- Upon review and approval of an application by the Miami Open, news organizations will be issued a letter of acceptance which will serve as a one-day gate pass. That letter will permit entry into the Miami Open credential pickup area (South Gate), but must be exchanged for permanent media credentials at the media registration tent located next to Gate G on the first level of the stadium. Media credentials may be picked up at the media registration tent beginning Saturday, March 21 between 10 am and 4 pm.
Media Credential Application Guidelines
- Print Media – Publications must have an audited circulation of at least 50,000. Media Credentials for the Miami Open are reserved for working journalists only. In order to be considered for a Media Credential, you must be a bona fide news gathering organization that produces and publishes original content. Applications for or related primarily to: (1) documentaries and/or films; (2) books (biographies, autobiographies, instructional guides, etc); (3) websites that are fanzines, that do not post original content based on news gathering criteria will not be accepted.
- Electronic Media (Radio/TV) – Radio and TV outlets must have a dedicated sports format in order to be considered.
- Photographers – Photographers must be on assignment from a publication that meets the publication requirements listed above. All photographers applying to cover the Miami Open are required to use professional photography equipment only.
The Miami Open will make the final decision on all credential applications based on space available and the size, scope and circulation of an individual publication. NOTE: Past approval of credentials to the Miami Open does not guarantee a credential to the 2018 Miami Open.
The Miami Open reserves the right to limit credentials for freelance journalists. All journalists planning to cover the tournament must have a working assignment prior to approval of a credential.
- You will receive a confirmation letter, and a one-day gate entry pass which gives you temporary access to the stadium. On your first day at the tournament, you will use the pass to park in the 15-minute parking zone in order to pick up your permanent credentials at the media registration tent located next to GATE G (South Gate) on the ground level of the stadium.
- Credential pick-up will begins Saturday, March 17 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- A valid photo ID and media affiliation identification will be required to pick up credentials.
- If you have made a request for phone service, you will need to present the credit card and sign a credit card slip unless prior arrangements have been made.
*Note - Wireless Internet Access will be available in the Miami Open Media Center.
If you would like a telephone line installed at the Media Center for your individual use, please indicate so on the application. You will need to use a major credit card to pay the $100 connection fee and to guarantee your charges incurred during the tournament. A charge of $200 for connection will apply if advance arrangements are not made. The tournament orders and supervises installation of all phone lines via an outside vendor on an annual basis. Within 30 days of the event's conclusion, the tournament receives a list of phone charges, which will be passed on to the registrant in the manner requested below. It is our every intention to provide you with the phone services you need in order to complete your work and also to handle the invoice/billing process as efficiently as possible. In order to receive access to private phone service when you pick up your credential, you will need to present the credit card and sign a credit card slip unless prior arrangements have been made. Please contact Sam Henderson (305-446-2200) by February 8 for specific needs regarding phone service.
- You will need to sign an acknowledgement that your credit card will be billed for all charges on that phone line during the tournament unless other information is provided. The credit card will be billed as "Miami Open."
- Please note that there will not be any courtesy lines in the media room.
The Miami Open has secured special rates with a number of hotels within convenient distance of the site. Certain hotels will offer complimentary scheduled shuttles operating to the Tennis Center at Crandon Park. Be Aware of the Following:
- The rates included are exclusive to the Miami Open and you can only get these rates by reserving via this application.
- These rates DO NOT include taxes, which are currently 13.0%.
- Cancellation policy is 72 hours prior to arrival.
- You will receive a written confirmation via fax and/or email upon booking.
- Shuttle service available ONLY at the hotels listed below with "SHUTTLE" next to rate.
- Reservations will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Click here to begin the application process